Providing An Aggressive Defense For Serious Criminal Charges

The Penalties For Theft Crimes Are Surprisingly Harsh

Theft crimes generally involve taking possession of someone’s property without their consent. These crimes are prosecuted very aggressively. A burglary conviction, for example, can result in a lengthy prison sentence, even if you have no prior criminal record.

If you have been accused of any type of theft or burglary, it is important to defend yourself against the charges. Even if there is no merit to the charges, you must defend yourself. At Dahlquist Law, LLC, in Minneapolis, I can help you exercise your right to fight for a better future. With my experienced criminal defense representation, we will seek to have the charges reduced and, in some cases, dropped. Let’s talk today about your specific situation so I can tell you how the law will apply in your case.

What Is Considered A Theft Or Property Crime?

There are many different acts that are classified as theft and property crimes. They include:

  • Receipt of stolen goods
  • Burglary
  • Robbery
  • Petty theft
  • Shoplifting
  • Felony theft
  • Auto theft
  • White collar crimes/fraud

These are just some of the theft-related crimes that people commit. And regardless of whether you committed the crime, it is important to have a lawyer investigate the case to reveal the facts so a fair result can be reached.

Consequences Of A Burglary Conviction

Burglary is one of the most common theft crimes. In the instance of a burglary offense, there are four degrees with first-degree burglary being the most serious and fourth degree being the least serious. First-degree burglary in Minnesota can result in up to 20 years in prison and $35,000 in fines. Fourth-degree burglary in Minnesota can result in up to one year in prison and $3,000 in fines.

You Don’t Want To Fight These Charges Alone

All theft charges are considered very serious offenses and are prosecuted aggressively in Minnesota. If you have been accused of theft, it is crucial that you seek experienced representation. To learn more about your rights, options and how I can help you, call 612-887-4020 for a free consultation. You can also send me an email.